Tuesday, October 23, 2007

When does technology truely get embedded into your routine ?

This question keeps coming to my mind as i belong to the software industry where day in and day out we create software to solve some needs in people's lifes .But do we truely achieve it ?

While I was having a discussion about getting some thing couriered to a certain place with my colleagues ,i heard the phrase 'Let's get it fedexed' . This sentence rung a bell in my mind. When you bring the technology ( or the complete package) to become a verb in your language ,probably you have achieved it. Similarly you see ' Xerox done here' .How many of us use i need to get it photocopied . Instead we say ' I want to get it Xeroxed'.

So getting the technology ,brand ,the complete package as an organisation what ever you call it , making it a part of the dictionary as verb is the mark of success . Isn't it ?

The day is not far when people will say ' I am completely Tazeenised ' ...Bad one I know !!

No comments: